DEMOCRACY IS ON THE BALLOT! TIME TO STEP UP!
By Carla Feinkind
Right now, it’s easy to feel like you’re being pulled in a million directions. In our house, we just had wonderfully distracting fun with the family over the holidays. (Lots of cooking and WORK, too!) There has also been lots of great news! Biden got the smart, qualified Ketanji Brown Jackson, the first Black Female Justice, onto the Supreme Court! The economy and employment have been growing and helping our families. Biden used his influence to strengthen NATO after Putin’s puppet (You Know Who) spent four years trying to weaken and destroy NATO. And though the news from Ukraine is horrifying, Biden’s strong and growing support of Ukraine has set the standard for arming them. He’s led the way.
Yet, despite all of Biden’s really STRONG work and achievements, the GOP and even the main stream (liberal?) media have been messaging that Biden and the Democrats could well lose in 2024! Meanwhile, the GOP and their basket of lying haters ATTACK our Democracy. It’s no joke – our Democracy is SERIOUSLY under threat by the GOP. It seems like every day the GOP has a new boogeyman social issue created to divide us. Things that even a few years ago would have been unthinkable, like Florida “Don’t Say Gay” laws or banning books. Worse, the GOP is still working hard to suppress our ability to vote while scrambling to deny and hide the truth of January 6th! It’s treason, truly.
What can we do?
- SUPPORT and chip into local Democrats, top to bottom on the ballot, AND Democrats running in IMPORTANT races nationwide.
- *Make sure you are registered to vote and that you VOTE. You might want to vote early by mail
- CALL the White House to sound your support and give your suggestions: 202 456-1111.
- CALL BOTH Houses of Congress: 202 224-3121. (I call McConnell’s office, too.)
- CALL the DOJ to push for more speedy TRIALS for Trump’s crew and his followers who committed TREASON on January 6th: 202 353-1555
- Maybe most important thing is to TALK WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. Hate and malice will grow if we look away and are silent. Get them to chip in, make calls, or just talk with their people. GET THEM TO VOTE FOR DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES IN THE PRIMARY!
If we do not get busy NOW, we may be kissing our Democracy farewell. Remember, Democracy is not won and done – it is actually a lot of work. If not now, WHEN? If not us, WHO?