MESSAGE FROM JB PRITZKER ABOUT OUR BALANCED BUDGET.
“I just signed our 5th balanced budget!
Here’s just some of what we’ll be investing in:
- 👶🏽 $250 million for Start Smart Illinois, my initiative to eliminate preschool deserts by adding 20,000 new preschool slots by 2027.
- 🎓 $100 million more in grants to make community college free for virtually anyone at or below the median income.
- 👨🏾🏫 $45 million for a pilot program to fill teacher vacancies plus an extra $350 million for our K-12 schools.
- 🏘 $85 million more for Home Illinois, our multi-agency effort to open more shelter beds, provide emergency rental assistance to families in need, and pilot innovative ways to prevent and end homelessness.
- 🚓 $30 million for the Law Enforcement Camera Grant Program and more than $2 million for a 24/7 program where students can share safety concerns confidentially.
- 👷 $4.6 billion for Illinois’ Road Program, including broadband expansion and new funding for modernizing the I-290 Blue Line.
- 🌎 $12 million for electric vehicle consumer rebates, $70 million for electric transportation infrastructure, and $10 million for a pilot program training high school students for clean energy careers.
I was able to secure these historic investments in Illinois because you invested in electing community-focused Democrats to all levels of government in Illinois. Thank you!”