PC CORNER – JUNE 2023
By Chris Hotchkin
The backbone of the Downers Grove Township Democratic Organization is our precinct committeepersons. We depend on our PCs to be active and involved to the best extent our time allows. During campaign season there are specific tasks we need to do–knock on doors, distribute literature, etc. But during this summer season, before we get into the season of collecting signatures on petitions, there are organization activities that depend on our participation.
- The DGTDO will hold “Coffee and Chat with Elected Officials” the third Saturday of each month at 10:00 a.m. in our office at 908 Curtiss. You will receive notice about who we will be hosting each third Saturday. Especially if you are in the official’s district, but for any of our local officials, we ask you to stop in for a while to get to know them and ask any questions. If you are a PC in their district, please invite some good democrats in your precinct to drop in also.
- We expect all PCs who are in town on July 4 to join us in one or both parades we will participate on that day. In the morning we will be in the Darien parade, which lines up in the Jewel Parking lot on Cass and 75th Street. Please plan to be there about 9:00-9:15 as the parade steps off at 9:30. The Downers Grove parade will line up at 12:30 in the Downers Grove North High School parking lot, Grant and Main Streets.
- We are planning a fundraiser for August and our wine tasting for September. Please plan to support these events and to invite Democrats from your precinct.
- Just for fun and fellowship, we will have our fabulous DGTDO picnic on July 16 starting at 4:00 at the home of Chris Hotchkin, 6810 Carpenter Street in Downers Grove.
- We are ordering more DGTDO t-shirts. We will let you know when they arrive in the office. We currently do have a few t-shirts in each sizes, except for XL (we do have 2XL).